The Business Development Specialist is responsible for supporting the Sales department in such activities as product development, manufacturing start-up, direct customer support requests, as well as generating sufficient sales leads to support the company growth initiative. This specialist will create sales leads through identifying opportunities using targeted market research, digital marketing and social media campaigns, cold calling and provide monthly measurements of activity. This position will also be responsible for all aspects of sales support, the creation of digital marketing, social media content, as well as web site development.
- Provide Sales Team Support
- Provide support to other Departments as needed during Product Development and Manufacturing Set-Up.
- Generate New Sales Leads
- Develop and Manage Sales Initiatives to Open up New Market Opportunities
- Create Digital Marketing/Social Media Campaigns
- Create and Manage Website
- Effective with Formal Presentations to Small and Large Groups.
- Write and Design Email Campaigns and Direct Marketing Literature
- Photo/Video Editing
- Experience Utilizing Social Media Marketing including –LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Understanding of various plastic processes
- Strong interest in target market research
- Ability to effectively make good business sense/judgement
- Be Response and Proactive to customer needs
- Ability to Create new ideas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong teamwork mentality
- Knowledge of 3D CAD
- Utilize Google Analytics and WordPress
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including – Excel, Outlook, Work, Powerpoint
This job operates in a clerical and shop floor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Shop floor area is not climate controlled and can have moderate to high noise levels.
Stress involve in meeting daily deadlines of purchasing and other business department request. Operation of office equipment including but not limited to computer, fax, and phone. Other physical demands include standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds, bending, swatting, reaching, twisting and grasping objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional Travel may be required
Required Education and Experience
BA in Marketing or Business Administration preferred
Related Job Experience maybe Substituted for Formal Education
3-5 years in Marketing for Manufacturing, Preferably Plastic related
Product Design Experience is a Plus
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Western Industries Plastic Products, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Paid Holiday and Vacation
Apply online via the website or visit The Hiring Center in person at 22829 Smyer Rd, Winfield, Ks 67156 M-F 8am – 4pm.