Come Join our Team! Western Industries has been in business for over 31 years, recognized as a leader in the Blow Mold Industry. We are proud to make some of the most recognizable blow mold products in the world. Our success has been built on the strong ability of our associates and team to meet and exceed customer specifications. We value the knowledge and abilities of each person in our organization. As a team we are committed to continuous development and improvement of processes that expand our production capability for growth. We offer excellent benefits to our employees and strive to make a positive impact in our community. Come be a part of the excitement!
We are an equal opportunity employer, non smoking and drug free environment.
The Industrial Electrician will work as part of the Maintenance Department and be responsible for the electrical operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of the facilities electrical distribution system, including 480V- 3 phase, 120AC AND 24dc equipment, large transformers, switchgears, switchboards, motors, motor control centers, panel-boards, emergency generators, water coolers, air compressors, grinders, UPS systems in accordance with building codes and safety standards.
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of and ability to follow NEC and Federal code.
- Provide adequate services to ensure that all electrical systems are installed, repaired and maintained to meet building codes and safety standards.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, other specifications in color.
- Ensure that all specifications are met and to ensure efficient completion of assigned projects with minimal disruption to production.
- Troubleshoot and repair problems with electrical equipment and instrumentation.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
- Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Installing, configuring, repairing and maintaining various brands of AC and DC electronic drives.
- Troubleshoot and repair control systems and PLCs.
- Five(5) years Journeyman electrical experience, REQUIRED
- State of Kansas Electrical License is PREFERRED, not REQUIRED.
- Experience with industrial machinery and manufacturing equipment, PREFERRED.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, sources, feeders, branch circuits and be able to isolate or shut off and make safe repairs without affecting production in an adverse way.
- Ability to diagnose, repair, and replace or design plant control circuits and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot low and high voltage controls.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Familiar with NEC and all applicable Federal Codes.
- Ability to make decisions on day-to-day building operations where judgment and initiative is required.
- Ability to assist in determining the best procedures and methods to be used in projects.
- Ability to analyze problems, make recommendations to the Supervisor and implement agreed to solutions.
- Strong interpersonal/teaming skills to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Recognize and see colors.
- Must be able to push, pull, bend, reach, twist, turn, and climb
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces and in confined areas.
- Will be exposed to areas where hand tools, power tools and large machinery are being operated.
- Must be able to lift up 50 pounds.
Other duties as assigned
Great Benefits Package
Apply online or in person at the Western Industries Employment Center, 22829 Smyer Rd, Winfield, KS 67156.