Western Industries Plastic Products is currently seeking Production Manager. This person must be an energetic, proactive individual who has exceptional leadership characteristics, with the ability to anticipate business and team requirements to successfully lead the Production Department.
Working in close coordination with the Director of Operations, the production manager is the leader of the production management team within a large part blow molding environment, and is accountable for achieving the required standards in safety, quality, and productivity. This critical leadership position will work closely with all levels in the organization and be a key driver of the company’s lean and cost programs, effective and efficient production and delivery to plan, quality management system, operational planning, budgets, and exceptional support to our customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, organize and control production in accordance with the production schedule to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to specification/standard.
- Manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime, demanding strong performance and support from the maintenance and technical teams.
- Determine the human and material resources required, and manage such to meet production targets.
- Work with the CFO and the finance department to establish effective data and metrics, aligning with the company strategy. Develop improvement plans and programs, teaming with planning, materials, maintenance and technical departments.
- Lead standardization efforts in production regarding processes and procedures.
- Champion environmental, health and safety program. Develop and lead the team to exceptional performance.
- Oversee and strengthen the company’s quality department and initiatives. Improve on our already strong image as a quality supplier.
- Detailed and effective analysis and actions in all responsible areas, including company financial performance.
- Analyze workflow and layout of facility to optimize our current processes and procedures, identifying and eliminating bottlenecks and waste.
- Estimate production costs, and participate in setting, implementing and managing production budgets and product costing.
- Lead Lean and Continuous Improvement efforts resulting in significant year over year savings.
- Lead effectively, creating a positive work environment focused upon safety, performance and improvement.
- Develop a strong team, including leadership development for continuity planning, Excellent teamwork and trust between departments is a must.
- Working with HR, actively engage in the hiring process, resulting in the best candidates being selected.
- Train new staff to ensure all associates are performing at an acceptable level within the first two weeks of employment.
- Lean/Six Sigma/Total Quality
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Project Management – planning and organizing
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Conflict management
Oversees the operations of all production areas to ensure that volume, cost, and quality standards are achieved. Directly leads production and pack out supervisors and indirectly all production and pack out associates. Is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within those departments.
A heavy machinery, plastics molding and assembly environment with exposure to levels of noise requiring hearing protection. Seasonal weather variations may result in frequent exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; physical exertion such as pushing, pulling, twisting and or heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds is possible.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Production normally operates on a 24 hour/7 day a week schedule. The Production Manager is critical to the decision regarding shift schedules best suited to demand and efficiency of production. Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; however, there is flexibility considering the shift schedule.
Occasional travel may be required to support off-site training, customer or ownership meetings.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (business administration, engineering, industrial technology, etc.)
- Functional experience with Microsoft Office products, and MRP/ERP utilization is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in a Production Manager or equivalent position.
- Project Management experience
- Blow molding experience a strong plus
- Plastics molding
- Quality engineering experience a strong plusAdditional Eligibility Qualifications
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma certification (green belt, black belt, etc.) are a plus
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Production and manufacturing processes and techniques
- Raw materials
- Quality engineering/systems and standards
- Health and safety standards and compliance
- Business, finance and management principals
- Machine and tools
- Engineering and technology principles and practices
- Profit and Loss statement understandingWork Authorization/Security ClearanceEEO Statement
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Western Industries Plastic Products, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Great Benefits Package:
Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Please apply in person at Western Industries Employment Center 22829 Smyer Rd, Winfield, KS 67156, online at Westernind.com or submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.