Come Join our Team!!
Western Industries Plastic Products LLC is seeking to add a Sales Engineer to our team of Blow Mold Experts!
The Sales Engineer will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing. This position is responsible for new business development, building upon current and past business successes as a recognized leader in plastic processing in North America specializing in small and large part blow-molding, value-add and 3PL services. This position will focus on the development and closing of sufficient business that meets or exceeds company sales goals and objectives.
This key role will achieve significant long term sales growth, oversight of customer satisfaction at assigned accounts, as well as developing sustaining relationships with key buying influences within new and prospective customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities through market research, industry trade shows, adjacent markets, company direct inquiries, and potential process conversions to blow-molding.
- Interact with Product Design, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Packaging Engineers within current and prospective customers.
- Drive company sales goals and pipelines objectives.
- Travel frequently to meet with potential new clients.
- Actively develop and manage the NBO pipeline to achieve incremental content and sales growth to meet or exceed goals set by Director.
- Follow methods for issue identification, prioritization, and tracking through resolution. Ensures issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Communicates information as needed to team members and management to ensure success.
- Actively manage activities and communication within customers keeping information current and accurate at all times to benefit the organization.
- Support company progression into a professional CRM system.
- Interaction with industry consultants and business partners to identify sales opportunities and new target markets.
- Participation in Industry trade events.
- Frequent interaction with Director and team regarding strategy, targets, marketing efforts, priorities, new developments/improvements within the company’s capabilities, etc.
- Preparation of sales proposals, marketing materials, contracts and other documents.
- Regularly ensure alignment with company short and long term sales strategies.
- Weekly documentation of all sales contacts and prospect action plans.
- Exercise efficient management of sales related and travel expenses.
- Work closely with product design/development and operations to ensure project success.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Customer/Client Focus
- Sales/Marketing in plastics related industry
- Product Design/plastic process knowledge (blow mold, roto mold, injection, etc.)
- Understanding of 3D cad design
- General knowledge of mold construction
- Project Management – planning and organizing
- Communication Proficiency
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for the other positions in the department.
This position requires extensive travel via vehicle, airplane, and other reasonable forms of transportation. The role routinely uses standard office equipment at the manufacturing facility office, as well as a remote office and/or laptop. This person will be exposed to manufacturing environments frequently at both our home facility as well as customer visits, resulting in exposure to extreme heat and/or cold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is occasionally required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Production normally operates on a 24 hour/7 day a week schedule. Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; however, there is flexibility considering the need for travel.
Frequent travel may be required within the United States, mostly the Midwest; however international travel could be required on occasion to support off-site training, customer or ownership meetings.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Technology. Equivalent technical experience in an engineered blow-molding plastics industry will also be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of technical product sales experience.
- Track record of sustained growth in assigned accounts and products.
- In-depth knowledge of plastic processing technologies specifically intermittent extrusion blow-molding
- Understanding or working knowledge of product development process.
- Ability to perform complex work requiring a high degree of original thinking and independent judgment.
- Proven aptitude with CRM systems a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Knowledge of various plastic processes, product design vision and ability to offer solutions using blow-molding.
- Ability to view and understand 3D cad design.
- Understanding of the customer’s business requirements and Western’s business capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication, meeting facilitation, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with external and internal customers.
- Results-Oriented, evidenced by having delivered outstanding performance, through strong sales performance based on clear business growth and development in various market settings and business cycles. Results are measured with clear metrics and performance indicators are used to drive and manage the business.
- Customer focus shown through the development and maintenance of trustworthy and lasting customer relationships with a clear focus on sales, service, delivery, and exceeding customer expectations while ensuring business profitability and a perspective for future customer needs.
- Clearly understand the customer dynamics and be able to anticipate changing needs and act/react quickly to new situations.
- The ideal candidates should be high-energy individuals who bring passion to the sales and customer support functions. They should have a strong drive to engage and motivate team members and business partners. Good negotiation skills are essential. Furthermore, they should be able to communicate with enthusiasm and confidence to others.
- Successful candidates will be achievers with a heightened sense of urgency to get things done. They have a can-do attitude and are drivers to reach ambitious targets. They should have strong leadership skills with the proven ability to drive change, including strategic and analytical skills.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance EEO Statement
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Western Industries Plastic Products, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Great Benefits Package:
Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Please apply in person at Western Industries Employment Center 22829 Smyer Rd, Winfield, KS 67156, online at Westernind.com or submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.