Pay will be based on experience!!
The Industrial Electrician will work as part of the Maintenance Department and be responsible for the maintaining safe and efficient operations of electrical systems. Duties will include repair large electrical equipment, like industrial fans, large motors, or control systems. This position will also participate with install and test of new equipment and systems, the maintenance and repair of electrical operations of current systems, troubleshooting and maintenance of the facilities electrical distribution system, including 480V- 3 phase, 120AC and 24DC equipment, large transformers, switch gears, switchboards, motors, motor control centers, panel-boards, emergency generators, water coolers, air compressors, grinders, UPS systems in accordance with NEC and Federal Code.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow NEC and Federal code.
- Provide adequate services to ensure that all electrical systems are installed, repaired and maintained to meet building codes and safety standards.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, other specifications in color.
- Ensure that all specifications are met and to ensure efficient completion of assigned projects with minimal disruption to production.
- Troubleshoot and repair problems with electrical equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
- Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
- Install, configure, repair and maintain various brands of AC and DC electronic drives.
- Troubleshoot and repair control systems and PLCs.
- Minimum Five(5) years Journeyman Industrial Electrical Experience, REQUIRED
- State of Kansas Electrical License is PREFERRED, not REQUIRED.
- Experience with Industrial Machinery and Manufacturing equipment, REQUIRED.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, sources, feeders, branch circuits and be able to isolate or shut off and make safe repairs without affecting production in an adverse way.
- Ability to diagnose, repair, and replace or design plant control circuits and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot low and high voltage controls.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Familiar with NEC and all applicable Federal Codes.
- Ability to make decisions on day-to-day building operations where judgment and initiative is required.
- Ability to assist in determining the best procedures and methods to be used in projects.
- Ability to analyze problems, make recommendations to the Supervisor and implement agreed to solutions.
- Strong interpersonal/teaming skills to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Recognize and see colors.
- Must be able to push, pull, bend, reach, twist, turn, and climb.
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces and in confined areas.
- Will be exposed to areas where hand tools, power tools and large machinery are being operated.
- Must be able to lift up 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned
Great Benefits Package
We are an equal opportunity employer, non smoking and drug free environment.
Please submit your resume or apply in person at the Western Industries Employment Center, 88289 Symer Rd., Winfield, KS 67156. Open M-F 8am-4pm