The Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for leading and supervising inventory control of all component and finished inventory. This position directly manages the Warehouse and Cycle Count.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job scope includes:
- Coordinate and direct cycle count and warehouse operations in the achievement of production needs, quality, and safety objectives
- Ensure that the department is achieving 95% accuracy and location control accuracy by monitoring company processes and procedures
- Establish locations and physically identify those locations
- Implement and sustain lean management principles throughout the department
- Coordinate all aspects of safety in the warehouses including forklift safety and rack inspections
- Manage inventory transactions to ensure compliance with company standards
- Follow and enforce pre-established procedures for all activities that effect inventory control
- Able to maintain desired level of inventory accuracy
- Maintain organized warehouses
- Ensure materials are available for production as required
- Successfully manage the Cycle Count program
- Strong analytical skills and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to foster a positive environment of respect and team work
This position oversees the operations of all warehouse and cycle count associates to ensure that company standards are achieved for the assigned team.
This position operates in both an office and warehouse environments that non-climate controlled, with noise levels that are moderate to loud, requiring associates to wear hearing protection.
Standing, walking, bending, stooping, grip/grasping, twisting, reaching above head, climbing stairs, lifting and carrying 0-80 pounds, use of tools, and other industrial equipment; Able to work in a manufacturing environment with extreme heat; Wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that is paid a salary wage.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a distribution/warehouse supervision or equivalent role.
- Associates degree or higher is preferred in a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and MRP/ERP utilization is strongly preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
This position is a pathway for advancement within the Materials Department as well as other departments at Western Industries.
Please apply online or complete an application in person at the Employment Center 22167 C Street, Winfield, and KS 67156. Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Western Industries Plastic Products, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice