The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the efficient and effective development and introduction of the manufacturing process for new products and the identification and execution of key improvement strategies for existing processes. The position will require approximately 70% of the engineer’s time be spent in the manufacturing environment working with operational leadership in new and existing process development and improvement.
- The position has primary responsibility to assist in the development and implementation of the plant’s continuous improvement initiative with a specific emphasis on successful implementation of all plant productivity and new product/process introduction projects.
- Leads and support multiple team Kaizen/ 5S events.
- Support productivity project leaders in measuring performance against customer requirements and executing improvement projects for process improvement using Six Sigma methodology, analysis of data, preparing reports and implementing process mapping.
- Makes implementation and results a top priority and regularly updates the plant’s implementation plan.
- Empowers every employee in the plant through positive reinforcement of team oriented continuous improvement.
- Communicates the status of engineering efforts to both the plant management and other engineering resources. Provides documentation of results and benefits achieved
- Shares “best practice” methods and ideas throughout plant.
- Process costing and standards.
- Develops methods that will be used to accomplish all of the tasks involved in production, including devising systems for quality control, distribution, and inventory.
- Layouts, fixtures, robotics, safety considerations, flow/VSM, etc.
- BSME, BSIE or relevant technical BS Degree.
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools and methodology, strong quantitative, analytical and process redesign skills, along with the excellent project management skills are required. Green Belt or higher certification a strong plus.
- Excellent communication skills to lead and support empowered employees in a team environment.
- Good presentation skills to effectively share the success and ideas.
- MS Office software skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Minitab, MS Project.
- Bottom line oriented with knowledge of financial functions.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- High energy, self-motivated, enthusiastic, well organized.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of Automation/ Robotic programming
- Demonstrated ability to not only use Six Sigma and Lean Principles such as DMAIC, SPC, Cpk, GR&R, Control Plans, DOE, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Visual Factory, TPM, Kaizen, JIT, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, SMED as well as other Continuous Improvement Process tools.
- Experience with blow molding and mechanical plastics assembly.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Western Industries does not offer sponsorship for employment-based immigration cases.
Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Short/Long Term Disability
Western Industries Plastic Products LLC is an equal opportunities employer.
The consumption of tobacco, drugs, and alcohol is prohibited at Western Industries.
Please submit a resume via website or directly to email@example.com, or call 620-705-5794 to schedule a time to apply in person at The Employment Center, 22829 Smyer Rd., Winfield, KS 67156, open M-F from 8am to 4pm.
Job Type: Full-time