Western Industries is seeking a Proactive, Energetic, Goal Driven Shift Supervisor to Join our Team!
Under the direct supervision of the Production Manager, this position is responsible for supervising and coordinating production shift activities and safety initiatives, while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in a continuous fast paced, quality conscious manufacturing operation; performing as a key member of a management team committed to department goals. This person will also ensure all employees, both new and current, feel welcomed and are treated with respect as well as providing them with clear instructions/training along with the correct tools and PPE.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate and direct blow molding operations in the achievement of production needs, quality and safety objectives.
- Assign trained operators to machines based on the production schedule, plan for rotations, and make adjustments for absences as needed.
- Confirms all required documentation and computer entries are complete accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proactively, provides team members instruction on proper techniques and procedures. Performs follow up checks during the shift and provides management with feedback regarding the performance of the individual team members.
- Foster active participation of the workforce to enhance awareness and cooperation.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment for assigned team.
- Ensures that the company operations meet or exceed OSHA requirements and that all operations follow company policy and government regulation.
- Handle all supervisory responsibilities for assigned personnel, including training, performance evaluation, and disciplinary actions per company policy.
- Conduct initial investigation of production, safety or quality problems as they arise.
- Partners and collaborates with other departments to maintain a balanced workflow and efficient use of available resources.
- Ensure product quality and all manufacturing activities follow or exceed applicable quality procedures and standards. Must be able to recognize defects or errors in production work centers.
- Supports production Lean initiatives through attending assigned training and driving Lean initiatives in meetings as well as on the production floor.
- Understands and drives root cause analysis by completing reports as required.
- Identify, document, and implement procedures to reduce costs, eliminate waste, and improve overall efficiency.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Strong analytical skills and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations
- Team Building
- Safety awareness-Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; uphold safety standards at all times.
- Sets clear milestones, evaluates progress, proactively problem solves and can be counted on to meet or exceed goals.
- Lean manufacturing practices
- Root cause analysis
- Communication Proficiency (verbal and written)
- Ability to use a computer and other office equipment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, physical exertion such as pushing, pulling, twisting and or heavy lifting of up to 75 pounds is possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
A heavy machinery, plastics molding and assembly environment with exposure to levels of noise requiring hearing protection. Seasonal weather variations may result in frequent exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
Expected Hours and Work Travel Requirements
- Occasional travel may be required for off-site training.
- Production normally operates on a 24 hour/7 day a week schedule. The Production Supervisor is critical to the planning and directing team member scheduled shifts to meet the demand and efficiency of production. Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; however, there is flexibility considering the shift schedule and production requirements.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree or higher preferred in a related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, and MRP/ERP utilization is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a Production Supervision or equivalent position
- Frontline Leadership or Supervisory experience in an industrial setting
- Blow molding experience a strong plus
- Ability to accurately record data.
- Computer knowledge and skills required
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule formats. Working knowledge of the following:
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Production and manufacturing processes and techniques
- Raw materials
- Health and safety standards and compliance
- OSHA guidelines
- Scheduling and Planning, Overtime Management.
- Machine, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and tools
- Root cause analysis
- Work Investigations
- Profit and Loss statement understanding
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Western Industries does not offer sponsorship for employment-based immigration cases.
Western Industries Plastic Products, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Great Benefits Package including:
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Please apply by submitting your resume via email email@example.com