The production support associate provides support to the production team, ensuring the continuous production of quality products. This position works closely with other departments and follows production work order instructions to identify and provide the necessary raw materials to the production floor in a timely manner. They are also responsible for verification of product count, packaging, and labeling to meet customer specifications and removal of the finished product from the production floor in a safe manner. The associate must be safety, quality, and waste-conscious while performing all functions of the position. This position requires the ability to work well as a team and independently with little supervision.
- Must be able to operate a forklift in a safe manner
- Look up product requirements and customer specifications using a computer.
- Delivers supplies and fixtures to machine cells in a timely manner.
- Provides matching racks to production floor as required for finish product.
- Maintains proper levels of active items and fixtures are stored in the warehouse.
- Removes finished product from the production machine cells to the warehouse for storage or staged to be loaded for internal transport as required.
- Clears the machine cells at the end of a production run to prepare the cell for set up of the next production run.
- Ensure that all product is clearly labeled and stored in a manner that prevents damage.
- Wraps product that require machine wrapping, per customer specifications.
- Ensure that the pallet pad stays organized and accessible Ensure Items are stored neatly and safely.
- Communicates with truck support on required trailers and their movement.
- Other task as requested.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and be flexible of job assignments.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be willing to continuously learn.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of forklift experience.
- Must have a recent stable work history of 6 months or more.