Western Industries is seeking motivated Manufacturing Leads to join our growing team!
Don’t miss the chance to earn a $500 sign on bonus after completing 6 months of employment!!!
Under the direct supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Shift Lead assists in coordinating production shift activities and safety initiatives, while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in a fast paced, quality conscious manufacturing operation; as key member of the production team committed to departmental goals. This person must work well with peers and others to optimize production, quality, and safety. This person will also help ensure all employees, both current and new, feel welcomed and are treated with respect as well as providing them with clear instructions/training along with the correct tools and PPE. Monitor employees’ daily productivity and quality output. Maintain open lines of communication through daily employee interactions and communications by providing a motivational environment through personal example and solid interpersonal skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Ensure all associates are working in a safe manner. This will be achieved by observing associates during rounds to make sure appropriate PPE is being used and production areas are clean, neat and organized according to 6S.
- Directs cell supports in the setup of cells for new jobs ensuring that all paperwork, work instructions, tools, fixtures and equipment are correct and in good operating condition.
- Directs cell supports in the breakdown of cells upon completion of production run returning all work instructions, tools, fixtures and equipment to the appropriate location.
- Enters production in Baan or assists cell supports to enter production in Baan[SB1] .
- Completes production report or assists cell supports to complete production report at the end of each shift[SB2] .
- Check production schedule to ensure that orders are correct and complete or near completion. Prepare next production order so that it is ready when previous order is complete.
- Monitors production floor to ensure that facility is clean, neat and organized.
- Follow escalation process for excess scrap or downtime, reporting instances to the appropriate people to get resolved as quickly as possible.
- Correct unacceptable behaviors such as not wearing PPE, noncompliance with safety procedures, horseplay or violation of any other policies or procedures. Escalate to supervisor when necessary.
- Communicate any issues or problems to Supervisor.
- Make work assignments at the start of each shift, taking into consideration the machines scheduled to run and any vacations or absences for the shift.
- Ensure product quality and all manufacturing activities follow or exceed applicable quality procedures, specifications and standards. Must be able to recognize defects or errors in production work centers.
- Fills in for Production supervisor when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Safety awareness – identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety, and enforce safety standards at all times.
- Lean manufacturing practices
- Root cause analysis
- Communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to use a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to hold employees accountable in a consistent and professional manner.
- Ability to build positive & productive relationships with team members.
- Ability to teach and mentor employees.
- Decision making capabilities
A heavy machinery, plastics molding and assembly environment with exposure to levels of noise requiring hearing protection. Seasonal weather variations may result in frequent exposure to hot or cold working conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee is required to frequently stand, walk, physical exertion such as pushing, pulling, twisting, and or heavy lifting of up to 75 pounds is possible.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Production normally operates on a 24 hour/7 day a week schedule. The Manufacturing Lead is critical to the planning and directing team member scheduled shifts to meet the demand and efficiency of production. Normal work hours are Monday through Friday; however, there is flexibility considering the shift schedule and production requirements.
We offer Full Benefits Package
Medical, Dental & Vision
Paid Holiday and Vacation
Western Industries Plastic Products, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be required to pass a post offer drug screen.
Please apply by submitting your resume via email email@example.com