Shipping and Receiving Position Description –
The employee must ensure accurate and complete shipping and receiving duties in the warehouse, must be able to work with employees in the department, and substitute for other members of the warehouse when necessary. This employee must have safety awareness, must be reliable with little direct supervision, and must be quality and waste-conscious.
- Visually inspect and sign for product.
- Label product and put it away.
- Receive product into the system.
- Notification of receipts and distribute paperwork.
- Pull product as required.
- Ship product as required.
- Unload/Load transfer trailers from other buildings.
- Accurately fill out shipping paperwork for customer shipments.
- Communicate all problems, shortages or misplaced parts to supervisor; help resolve any work problems.
- Communicate with Truck Support personnel via radio for clearance of dock doors and for production needs.
- Maintain an organized and clean warehouse.
- Help ensure all items are identified with part numbers and handled in such a way to prevent damage.
- Able to safely operate a forklift, stretch-wrap machine and fill propane bottles.
- Must be able to read bill of materials and know where to obtain them.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and be flexible of job assignments.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be willing to continuously learn.
- Must be able to speak, write, and read English.
- Must have forklift experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Standing and/or walking continuously during entire shift.
- Extended periods of sitting on forklift.
- Activities could include but not limited to lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, bending, stooping and kneeling.