WESTERN INDUSTRIES IS NOW OFFERING A $500 NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS AFTER YOU COMPLETE 6 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT!!
If you are looking for Engaging Employment with Advancement Opportunity, Competitive Pay, and Great Benefits, Apply Now!
PAY WILL BE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
Shipping/Receiving Position Description –
The employee must ensure accurate and complete shipping and receiving duties in the warehouse, must be able to work with employees in the department, and substitute for other members of the warehouse when necessary. This employee must have safety awareness, must be reliable with little direct supervision, and must be quality and waste conscious.
- Visually inspect and sign for product.
- Label product and put it away.
- Receive product into the system.
- Notification of receipts and distribute paperwork.
- Pull product for production as required.
- Ship product as required.
- Off load transfer trailers from other buildings.
- Accurately fill out shipping paperwork for customer shipments.
- Communicates all problems, shortages or misplaced parts to supervisor; help resolve any work problems.
- Communicates with Truck Support personnel via radio for clearance of dock doors and for production needs.
- Maintain an organized and clean warehouse.
- Help ensure all items are identified with part numbers and handled in such a way to prevent damage.
- Able to safely operate a forklift, stretch-wrap machine and fill propane bottles.
- Must be able to read bill of materials and know where to obtain them.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and be flexible of job assignments.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be willing to continuously learn.
- Must be able to speak, write, read English
- Must have forklift experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Standing and/or walking continuously during entire shift.
- Extended periods of sitting on forklift.
- Activities could include but not limited to climbing, bending, stooping and kneeling
Things you should know about the company:
- Western Industries is a tobacco, drug, and alcohol free employer.
- Must be willing and able to pass a post screening, post accident, and random drug test.
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k program
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Company paid life insurance
- Competitive wages
Submit your resume via this site or apply, IN PERSON, at The Employment Center located on 22829 Smyer Rd. Winfield, KS 67156. Open M-F 8am-4pm